Antagonists - 15x15

Hello! Been awhile since I did a larger crossword. Kinda had a little brain blast at work the other day for the theme and spent awhile trying to get the seed entries and grid to work and here's the result. Hope you enjoy it! Please do let me know what you think. And a thank you to Frisco for doing a test solve (go check out his puzzles too!)  

 


 

 

Spoilers/afterthoughts below! 

 

 

/

 

 

 

/

 

 

 

 

So, the funny thing is one of the first words that came to my mind initially was MORIARTY, as in Professor James Moriarty. I was excastic when I realized (or thought, rather) that Moriarty was nine letters, and other names like POISONIVY, PALPATINE, GANONDORF, SEPHIROTH etc. were also nine letters long. Didn't realize until I got home that Moriarty didn't fit. At any rate - the funny thing is my original 3 seeders were Ganondorf, Moriarty, and Lexluthor, all of which didn't make it through the construction process (at least Lex gets a little nod in one clue). 

 

I originally wanted something like "antagonists" or "archnemeses" to be a revealer in the puzzle, but I found it too difficult to make a gid that would be fillable. (Lex in particular was the first removed due to me running into problems with the X.) 

 

Still satisfied with the puzzle and theme though. Hopefully it won't be super long before I do another long crossword puzzle :)

Comments

  1. Nice one! There weren't any impossible crossings (e.g. 32D's crossings are all doable, and now I learn 32D!). I misspelled 61A at first, and I'm kicking myself because I play against so many of them online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kanto Workout